Thursday 16 May 2024

Himalayan Garden and Sculpture Park

 Himalayan Garden and Sculpture Park

The Himalayan Garden and Sculpture Park is an award winning garden near Ripon in North Yorkshire - inspired by what can be found in the Himalayas (plants and otherwise) . It opens in April each year until November, and contains one of the largest collections of rhododendrons, azaleas and magnolias in the north of England. It is situated in a valley of 45 acres of woodland and gardens surrounding 3 tranquil lakes. As well as its stunning plants and trees, you will find 90 permanent sculptures tastefully situated around the park - as well as 60 new temporary sculptures exhibited from a variety of British artists (In 2024). Follow me as I see what I can discover ....................


The Tea Room has to the first stop before setting off down into the picturesque valley..........

One of my favourite sculptures - We Three Queens of Orient Are!




I love this Flock of Sheep.




The Snow Tiger





Logs of Dialogue











Magnolia Lake is one of the gardens highlights - with its colourful Yeti Den pavillion at the far end and giant magnolia leaf floating serenely on top of the water.






 Oriental garden wouldn't be complete without an iconic red bridge.



Although this display is ceramic - this area is ideal ground for growing the rare Meconopsis Poppy - which can be purchased at the nursery shop.




A stunning sculpture of a Giant Blue Poppy.



The Loch Ness monster perhaps?!





The Pineapple Disc is a fascinating piece of art that deserves a closer look................



A Kingfisher hiding in the forest.






An information hut with details of how the garden was created and of its history.



Unfortunately, due to the steep, windy paths that are rather shingly - it is not suitable for wheelchair users or people that struggle with their mobility.



I can highly recommend a visit to this hidden gem in the Yorkshire countryside - I thoroughly enjoyed my day there. I hope my photographs have given you an insight into what can be seen. I went in April, but I am sure there will be many different colourful plants if you visit at other times.

https://www.himalayangarden.com/

Thank you for taking the time to follow my adventures,

Lynne 

Please check out my other blogs:-






No comments:

Post a Comment